English novels the early english novels concerned themselves with complex middle class characters struggling with their morality and circumstances pamela a series of fictional letters written in 1741 by samuel richardson is considered the first real english novel. English literature the body of written works produced in the english language by inhabitants of the british isles including ireland from the 7th century to the present day the major literatures written in english outside the british isles are treated separately under american literature australian literature canadian literature and new zealand literature. History of english literature including a new augustan age crusoe and gulliver the english novel 1740 49 the english novel 1759 66 johnson and boswell scottish enlightenment macpherson and chatterton decline and fall
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.