Norman Lamb pledged to keep the Conservatives out in North Norfolk but his voting record shows he’s incapable of opposing the Tories.
Some of the many Tory policies he’s voted for includes:
- Voting against a ban on fox hunting
- Voting for cuts to public services
- Voting for increased privatisation in the NHS
- Voting against dropping the Tories’ Health and Social Care Bill
- Voting for the sell-off of state owned forests
- Voting for the Bedroom Tax
- Voting for tax cuts for millionaires
- Voting for corporation tax cuts for wealthy businesses
- Voting for cuts to welfare payments for the most vulnerable
- Voting for fracking schemes which put our environment at risk
- Voting for a badger cull
- Voting to triple tuition fees despite pledging to vote against any rise.
Plus, despite coming from the party that claims to represent the 48%, Norman Lamb has abstained on every Brexit vote choosing instead to sit on the fence.
He was a business minister when the Tories were planning to privatise Royal Mail. He was a health minister when the NHS was being carved up, and spending on physical and mental health as well as care was going in the wrong direction.
North Norfolk needs a strong MP who will truly oppose the Conservatives. With growing numbers in the area turning to food banks, the local NHS facing over £12.5m of cuts, and each school in the constituency having to cut a teacher due to lack of funding, it’s clear the Lib Dems aren’t that voice.
On June 8th you’ll either be voting for a Labour government for the many, or a Conservative for the privileged few. Only Labour will oppose the Tories.